Contrast

Guest: When things come into my life that aren't necessarily good. I ask,"Why do I need this contrast? How'd I create this?" and try and find a reason for it being there.
Abe: Well we can make it really simple for you. The reason that it is there is because you were not focused upon what you wanted.It's sort of like - if you drive your car into the ditch, do you sit there for a long time and try to comprehend why you're in the ditch or do you just start trying to figure out how to get out of the ditch?And it's the same sort of thing - in other words, you got in the ditch because you weren't paying attention. And you get out of the ditch by paying attention. And for a while after you get out of the ditch you usually pay more attention for a while. In fact - sometimes even when you see somebody else in the ditch you pay more attention for a while. But - there is really - we think that what's complicating this is that it is true, and we really recommend, that you make the best of whatever happens. So sometimes when you're in a place that you don't want to be, it is to your greater advantage to say "Well, I received this clarity from it and I received this value from it." rather than saying "Well this was just really dumb thing and no good has come from it." And so, it is always good to do your best to look for the positive aspects. But, we would not spend any time looking for the lesson or looking for the value when you're in some spot that you clearly do not want to be in. We would just start saying "Wait a minute, it's not luck and it's not chance and it's not karma and it's not what somebody else did. I had my vibration, my attention upon something that brought me right here. And now I'm here,I'm really really sure I don't want to be here. I think I won't do that again. I think I'll start thinking about things that feel better to me when I think about them."
- Abraham-Hicks, Asheville 10/24/04

0 comments:

Abraham Hicks Fan © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*