Animals

Obviously, this is a big subject. Maybe it's trickier to deal with because some of us see more animals that appear to be suffering than we see people. If I don't use the word "suffering" and try to reduce the emotionalism inherent in naming what I see, I can just say describe what I see when I drive by a feral cat colony nearby, but I don't think that helps. I am looking for neutral terms. I understand that I attract what I see. I have an explanation from Abraham for almost everything, but not this subject which is why I think it comes up so much. Death is no longer a reason for me to get upset: it's a glorious transition and quick; I need not infuse in with stories that make it bad. I need a different Abe perspective and an explanation of an Abe perspective. Esther saw a hawk with a captured animal for dinner that was too heavy and the hawk crashed into the side of the Monsterbus. She says there was a time in the past when she would have pulled over and cried for 15 minutes, but now, she sees it as almost funny how the universe orchestrated this event to grab her attention when she was thinking thoughts of being overwhelmed -- as the bird was. I don't have enough words to make good sense of that story. It feels incomplete! On the Abe CD about pets, Abe refers to a group of chickens that peck the ill chicken because they don't want that energy, but there are countless examples of animals that do the opposite. Last week, my friends witnessed a bird standing beside another bird of like kind that was dead at the side of the road, and they witnessed the live animal just standing there, but howling and cackling in a way that captivated their attention. I don't have the words to fill in this story to make sense of it or make it jive with the chicken story. I get impatient with the indignant animal lovers that show up here, inevitably, every so often, but then, I have no problem with things dying and I have no problem, therefore, being part of the food chain. Less than 1% of all charity dollars contributed in this country go to animal welfare -- just an example that I interpret as meaning people who feel a divine connection with other people sometimes give dollars or build houses or do stuff for humanity coz it makes them feel good, whatever 00 but far fewer people feel that connection with animals. If I attract a crying, wounded child to my path, before I spend much time figuring out the message of my creation, I will do something that impacts the child in a way I judge to be an improvement. There is a niggling issue about people's willingness to do the same for an animal. And the though just bounced to mind that it's because we judge people to be a superior force and form of life.

The Secret Life of Pets: Excerpted From 2005 Workshops

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone assume that Ester Hick's information is correct? Do we believe everyone that channels or says that they have a connection to divine knowledge? Are you telling have the corner on truth and you don’t? That’s the same ploy that cults use. Listen to your own heart and mind, not the Hicks.

For example think on this one. Why is it that every world religion has some version of the Golden Rule that says "do unto others, as you would have done unto you", but the Hicks don’t? Their philosophy is all about “me, me, me.”

Whereas all the world religions suggest that we look outside of ourselves and see a broader perspective – one that suggests that we are all connected, so what you do to another, you do to yourself. This extends to the child living in poverty to the animal living it’s whole life in a cage. Science is even starting to conclude that the earth and everything on it -- including animals -- are all connected and what goes around, comes around. So respect life in all it forms!

This is the missing element in the Ester Hick's teachings -- and it's a BIG one. How could someone, supposedly so “spiritual” be so blind? And how can others be so blind as to follow her?

In my opinion, the Hicks are fooling themselves and everyone else into thinking that they have the edge on higher knowledge, but I beg to differ. The problem with channeled info, is that no one feels the right to challenge it -- it's disempowering and keeps people cowed into not accessing the truth for themselves.

You have a brain and a big heart. Don’t listen to the Hicks, listen to yourself. Only YOU can find the Truth – not them.

Humbly yours,
the unpaid mystic

Anonymous said...

I'm resending my post with corrections.
~ unpaid mystic

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone assume that Ester Hick's information is correct? Do we believe everyone that channels or says that they have a connection to divine knowledge? Are you telling me, they have the corner on truth and you don’t? That’s the same sneaky ploy that cults use. Listen to your own heart and mind, not the Hicks.

For example think on this one. Why is it that every world religion has some version of the Golden Rule that says "do unto others, as you would have done unto you", but the Hicks don’t? Their philosophy is all about “me, me, me.”

All the world religions suggest that we look outside of ourselves and see a broader perspective. Every religion asks that we learn to care for others and in many Eastern religions that extends to the earth and animals. Why? Because we are all connected, so what you do to another, you do to yourself. This extends to the child living in poverty to the animal living it’s whole life in a cage. Science is even starting to conclude that the earth and everything on it -- including the animals -- are all connected and what goes around, comes around. So respect life in all it forms!

This is the missing element in the Ester Hick's teachings -- and it's a BIG one. How could someone, supposedly so “spiritual” be so blind? And how can others be so blind as to follow without question? Isn’t that how cults and large institutional religion kept be in line for so long?

In my opinion, the Hicks are fooling themselves and everyone else into thinking that they have the edge on higher knowledge, but I beg to differ. The problem with channeled info, is that no one feels the right to challenge it -- it's disempowering to the individual and keeps people from accessing the truth for themselves.

You have a brain and a big heart. Don’t listen to the Hicks, listen to yourself. Only YOU can find the Truth – not them.


Humbly Yours,
An unpaid mystic (I don't do it for the money)

Anonymous said...

A bird dies while hitting your big gas guzzling environmentally unfriendly monster bus? What's Universe trying to say? Hmm?

Maybe it's saying: "Wake up, you lumbering ox! You are destroying life with your arrogance to think that everything is about you. This is your opportunity to care. See me in the form of this animal, now dying because of grotesque materialim and your misguided, selfish focus that says everything is about you."

Respect Life in All its Forms.

Blessings,
The unknown mystic

Abraham Hicks Fan © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*